Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mjones

Default Format Chart Title Alignment Vertical doesn't work

Hi all,

I want my title flush with the top of the chart area so when I put it
in my Word document, it lines up with the top of the other columns,
but...

Changing to top, bottom or center doesn't do anything. I'm using Excel
2003 SP2 fully updated.

Does anyone else have this problem,i.e. click on the title box,
alignment tab?

Thanks,

Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

The alignment refers to the text within the bounds of the chart title
textbox and not the chart titles position relative to the chart area.
As the chart title textbox is not a true textbox the vertical alignment
has little or no effect. The horizontal alignment only has effect if the
chart title contains multiple lines.

To position the chart title you will either manually drag it with the
mouse or use vba code.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mjones

Thanks Andy. It's too bad because there is lots room in the text box
to move up and down. It's already at the top so I guess I have to go
with option B, the VBA code, but I don't really know how to do that.
Thanks again.

mjones wrote:
Hi all,

I want my title flush with the top of the chart area so when I put it
in my Word document, it lines up with the top of the other columns,
but...

Changing to top, bottom or center doesn't do anything. I'm using Excel
2003 SP2 fully updated.

Does anyone else have this problem,i.e. click on the title box,
alignment tab?

Thanks,

Michele

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

This will position the chart title top left.

Activechart.charttitle.left=1
Activechart.charttitle.top=1

Cheers
Andy