Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CB CB is offline

Default Fill Cell with Red

I have a spreadsheet that I need to fill the interior color of the row red if
column f contains the text red. I need the data in each row to turn red if f
is red for columns a through e and g through m.
Is there an easy way to do this other than sorting/filtering. Is there some
way to do this with VBA?

Any help is appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use Conditional Formatting to set the background color or font color
based upon the value in another cell. This is the Formula Is option. See:

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200708

"CB" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I need to fill the interior color of the row red if
column f contains the text red. I need the data in each row to turn red if f
is red for columns a through e and g through m.
Is there an easy way to do this other than sorting/filtering. Is there some
way to do this with VBA?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the first cell you want treated this way
Go to Format-Conditional Formatting
Select "Formula is"
enter =$f1="red" (change the 1 to whatever row you have selected)
click n the Format button
Go to the Patterns tab
Pick your color
OK your way back to the spreadsheet
Copy the current cell
Select all the cells you want to format this way
Use Edit-Paste Special-Formats to copy just the formatting

"CB" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I need to fill the interior color of the row red if
column f contains the text red. I need the data in each row to turn red if f
is red for columns a through e and g through m.
Is there an easy way to do this other than sorting/filtering. Is there some
way to do this with VBA?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CB CB is offline

I have already used the conditional formatting option for another purpose. I
need to use either a function or code for these cells.

Any ideas?

"CB" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I need to fill the interior color of the row red if
column f contains the text red. I need the data in each row to turn red if f
is red for columns a through e and g through m.
Is there an easy way to do this other than sorting/filtering. Is there some
way to do this with VBA?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

O.K. then:

Sub cb()
n = Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To n
If Cells(i, "F").Value = "red" Then
Range("A" & i & ":E" & i).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Range("G" & i & ":M" & i).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End If
Next
Gary''s Student
gsnu200708