Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing XL 2003

All service packs and updates have been applied, but the following problem
persists:
"In several of my large spreadsheets, I have started to get an error message
when I try to set them up for printing. The message says €śMargins do not fit
page size€ť. Once that message starts to pop up, Im pretty much cooked. I
cannot adjust the margins, I cannot print preview, cannot move to any of the
other tabs within page set up and the spreadsheet begins to appear garbled on
the screen. Sometimes, I can close and reopen the spreadsheet, and actually
successfully print the page. I suspect that in all cases, I am using the
€śshrink to fit one page€ť option in excel, although I cant be sure. I do set
a print area first, using the File/Page Setup sequence of commands. The
first time I do it, everything works fine, but at some point, things spiral
out of control. I do think it is related to switching printers, because
yesterday I was able to €śrecover€ť €“ stop getting the message, by going to the
fiery printer again. As long as I stayed with that printer, I was okay.
However, I had to switch printers in a way that didnt go through the File
/Page Setup sequence €“ it wouldnt let me get past that error message to
change anything until after I printed to the fiery €“ which printed fine. My
laser was going to print thousands of pages for the one page file. I also
think it has something to do with shrinking the file to print on one page €“
it only happens on spreadsheets where I am doing that."

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cathy