Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Used Range

I have a workbook with several sheets; I am trying to create a dynamic
summary page - one where the cell values are live links to the cells on the
other sheets.
The sheets I am copying have variable used ranges.
I can copy the used range (Thanks Ron DeBruin), but I am unable to have the
result show as "=sheetname!celladdress".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you copy data to the summary page, the copy will have to be repeated every
time the source change. Why not just use a link?:

=Sheet3!G10

--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200708

"billinr" wrote:

I have a workbook with several sheets; I am trying to create a dynamic
summary page - one where the cell values are live links to the cells on the
other sheets.
The sheets I am copying have variable used ranges.
I can copy the used range (Thanks Ron DeBruin), but I am unable to have the
result show as "=sheetname!celladdress".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apologies - I didn't mention that I intend to re-run this sheet weekly in
order to capture any changes.
Otherwise, I would have just copied all and pasted as a link.

Thanks for replying.

"billinr" wrote:

I have a workbook with several sheets; I am trying to create a dynamic
summary page - one where the cell values are live links to the cells on the
other sheets.
The sheets I am copying have variable used ranges.
I can copy the used range (Thanks Ron DeBruin), but I am unable to have the
result show as "=sheetname!celladdress".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps a very small macro:

Sub billinr()
Set r1 = Sheets("source").UsedRange
Set r2 = Sheets("destination").Range("A1")
r1.Copy r2

Gary's Student
gsnu200708

"billinr" wrote:

I have a workbook with several sheets; I am trying to create a dynamic
summary page - one where the cell values are live links to the cells on the
other sheets.
The sheets I am copying have variable used ranges.
I can copy the used range (Thanks Ron DeBruin), but I am unable to have the
result show as "=sheetname!celladdress".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is sort of what I'm looking for, except that this does not allow for
looking at every sheet in the workbook.
How would I add that functionality, and have the output go to the next
available row?
Also, will the resultant cell values be dynamic links?

Thanks for the help.