Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kat Kat is offline

Default Please help me! making table involves percents

I have Excel 2003 and am taking a Statistics class that requires me to do the
following:
There are two companies that sell widgets. Both companies sell the widgets
to the general public for the same price. In order to earn business, Company
A offers a special 25% discount on each order. In response, Company B offers
a 35% discount on every dollar the customer spends over $50. Both discounts
are rounded to the nearest cent. If you place an order for $50 or less, it is
less expensive to order from Company A. If you place a large enough order, it
will be less expensive to order from Company B. At what price does it become
less expensive to order from Company B?
.. Create and properly label a table of data demonstrating this technique.
The table should include at least four hypothetical orders and should
estimate the answer within a $50 range. Each row will represent a
hypothetical order. The first row will represent a $50 order and each
additional row will represent orders in $50 increments (i.e., $100, $150).
The table should include three columns. The first column is the order amount,
the second column is the discount that Company A would give, and the third
column is the discount Company B would give.

This is where I am lost! I am new to using Excel, but need to learn!!
Problem is I have to have this task in before I can take a class. Can
someone please help walk me through this? I would be so very greatful!!

Kat-Cornfused about Excel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In column A type your values ($50, $100 etc). In column B type =A1*0.25 and
press enter. This will give 25% of the value in column A. In column C type
=(A1-50)*.35. That will give you your discount amounts. You can then
subtract them from each value to work out the final cost at each value.
Don't forget to put headings on your columns so that they make sense!

"Kat" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Caveon Web Patrol
Friend-of-Program/Bystander Notice

To: Copyright Agent, Groups.google.com

cc: Western Governors University

Date: September 18, 2012

Dear Groups.google.com,

I am writing to inform you of the possible disclosure of confidential test information on Groups.google.com. Specifically, information located at the following link indicates that test material available on Groups.google.com contain actual test information taken from MQTA exams created and owned by Western Governors University:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...sc/_LqciFmCOs4 (Kat-Cornfused about Excel)

My organization, Caveon Test Security, is a member of the testing community engaged by Western Governors University to actively monitor the Internet for possible disclosures of test information. In the interest of the continued security and fairness of Western Governors University’s tests, we ask your help in investigating the suspected disclosure(s) cited above.

Test owners, including Western Governors University, depend on the fairness and credibility of tests to perform many life-altering decisions about individual competence. The possible disclosure of information on Groups.google..com therefore threatens Western Governors University’s ability to qualify individuals for MQTA by test, and threatens Western Governors University’s substantial investments in the creation and distribution of its tests. U.S. Courts have indicated that substantial damages are available to test owners for the unauthorized taking and publication of test information protected by copyright and other law (e.g., National Conference of Bar Examiners v. Multistate Legal Studies, ED PA 2006).

While only Western Governors University may invoke legal rights related to its tests, your prompt attention to this matter by immediately removing any and all MQTA material listed in the sites above, including any and all other projects containing MQTA exam material from sites owned by or related to Groups.google.com, may obviate the need for Western Governors University to take action. If you believe that the suspected disclosure(s) listed above is in error, I invite you to contact me at your earliest convenience with information that will clarify the content and purposes of the information located on Groups.google.com at the links cited above.

Sincerely,

Christie Zervos
Caveon Test Security
6905 South 1300 East #468