jsawyer

Default I want to delete duplicate rows of similar info and use the lates.

I am trying to paste new data into a workbook that may already contain the
it. I need to filter out the old data and insert or keep the new. The new
data is not in the same order as the old. Is there a filter or something that
will find a duplicate and give me the option of which row I want to delete?
James

Add the new data to the old data, and go to
data/filter/advanced filter and select "unique records
only". This will show you unique records of both the old
and new data. Then copy these unique records into a new
file. Hope this helped.
I am trying to paste new data into a workbook that may

already contain the
it. I need to filter out the old data and insert or keep

the new. The new
data is not in the same order as the old. Is there a

filter or something that
will find a duplicate and give me the option of which

row I want to delete?
.

Ken Wright

How would you be able to differentiate between old and new data if it were
able to give you the choice - What field would tell you which is which?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03