Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default start up prompt for updating links

I have linked cells from one workbook to another and they will be used by
multiple users. I want the links to be automatically updated without each
user having to update them, is this possible? I tried edit, links, startup
prompt, and selected don't displat the alert & update links, but when I
reopen it still asks me if I want to update the link.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

TOOLS
OPTIONS
EDIT Tab
Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links"
OK

HTH,
Elkar

"egarcia" wrote:

I have linked cells from one workbook to another and they will be used by
multiple users. I want the links to be automatically updated without each
user having to update them, is this possible? I tried edit, links, startup
prompt, and selected don't displat the alert & update links, but when I
reopen it still asks me if I want to update the link.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must also go into ToolsOptionsEdit and uncheck "ask to update automatic
links"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP