Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculations of cells

Hi,
I have problem with cell calculations, the formula don't been calculated.
The Tool- Options- Calculations is set to Automatic, but it does not
calculates and nothing happens if I press F9.
But if I double-Click the Cell (edit Formula) and then press enter key its
calculates.

Can I do anything so it's calculates automatic, without this procedure.

//Lasse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like the cells are formatted as text.

Select them all, and DataText To Columns, with fixed width but no breaks.
That should sort it.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Lasse" wrote in message
I have problem with cell calculations, the formula don't been calculated.
The Tool- Options- Calculations is set to Automatic, but it does not
calculates and nothing happens if I press F9.
But if I double-Click the Cell (edit Formula) and then press enter key its
calculates.

Can I do anything so it's calculates automatic, without this procedure.

//Lasse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a problem with the calculations as well. I am running Excel with a
simulation program called Extend. It's a discrete event model and everytime
time jumps, my model recalculates. Extend will let you choose the number of
model runs, however I want the spreadsheet to only calculate at the beginning
of each run. Because the users desire to have a "no contact" approach, they
don't want to have to press F9. Does anyone know of another way that I can
have it recalculate just once without closing and re-opening Excel?

Kathleen

"Lasse" wrote in message
I have problem with cell calculations, the formula don't been calculated.
The Tool- Options- Calculations is set to Automatic, but it does not
calculates and nothing happens if I press F9.
But if I double-Click the Cell (edit Formula) and then press enter key its
calculates.

Can I do anything so it's calculates automatic, without this procedure.

//Lasse

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, ideal, you could use worksheet change event

Option Explicit

Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1" '<== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

With Target
If .Value = "Off" Then