Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default showing several cells result in one cell

Hi there,

I wonder if it is possible to show data of several cells (eg. from A column
to D column) in one cell (column E).

For example:

A B C D E
1 0 3 0 1030
0 2 3 4 0234
1 0 0 4 1004

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Aline
--
Aline Yiu
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

=A1&B1&C1&D1

Note that this result will be a TEXT value and not a number. If you want the
result to be a numeric number:

=(A1&B1&C1&D1)+0

You will have to format the cells as 0000 to keep any leading 0's

Biff

"Aline Yiu" wrote in message
Hi there,

I wonder if it is possible to show data of several cells (eg. from A
column
to D column) in one cell (column E).

For example:

A B C D E
1 0 3 0 1030
0 2 3 4 0234
1 0 0 4 1004

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Aline
--
Aline Yiu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a similar question for all you guru's out there. I have data in one
cell in bold, then normal format in another. I combine as you have below,
but =a1&" "&b1. This puts a space between the cells.

Can Excel combine these into the 1 cell ie carry through the format?

Cheers

Leosnr