HandsOnManager

Default Usnig Hyperlinks

I am using Excel XP. I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. Can I use
find and replace to find an entry that appears on multiple sheets and replace
it with a hyperlink to another file?
Gary Brown

Yes,
Example:
Select EDIT from the top menu. Then select REPLACE.
Put the entry that you want to replace in the 'Find What' box.
Put the full name of the file you want to hyperlink to in the 'Replace With'
box.
You need to put the full name within the Hyperlink function. The Replace
With box should have something like...
=hyperlink("D:\Temp\MyFile.xls")
This will create a hyperlink where the entry once was.
HTH,
Gary Brown

"HandsOnManager" wrote:

I am using Excel XP. I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. Can I use
find and replace to find an entry that appears on multiple sheets and replace
it with a hyperlink to another file?

Peo Sjoblom

Look in help for the hyperlink function

=HYPERLINK("link","Friendly Name")