Mark P

Default Using Group Mode in Excel...Cursor behavior.

Does anyone know how to get the cursor to jump to the same exact location
within a worksheet when switching between multiple worksheets within a single
workbook in Excel. In Lotus I used to be able to do this by selecting "group
mode". I am using Office 2003. I have tried holding down the "control" key
and clicking on the multiple tabs for the various worksheets that I want to
be in group mode, but when I do this, the contents of the cell that I am in
get copied to the other worksheets.
Dave Peterson

First, I think that this would drive me crazy--especially since I'd only want to
use this on rare occasions.

But this may work out ok for you:

(saved from a previous post)

If you want to use a couple of macros, you can do it.

Option Explicit
Dim CurActCellAddr As String
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
CurActCellAddr = ActiveCell.Address
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
If CurActCellAddr = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
.Goto Sh.Range(CurActCellAddr)
.EnableEvents = True
End With
End If
CurActCellAddr = ActiveCell.Address
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, _
ByVal Target As Range)
CurActCellAddr = ActiveCell.Address
End Sub

rightclick on the excel icon to the left of the File|edit|view (on the worksheet
menubar).
select view code and paste this in.

Then try it out.

The first time the address gets initialized is with the workbook open event. If
you test without closing/reopening your workbook, it may take one selection
change to "prime the pump."

--

Dave Peterson