Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup or Match

Afternoon,

Have a table with two columns, A & B
In column A we have distance ranges:
101 - 200
201- 301
301 - 400
401 - 500
501- 600
601 - 750
751 - 900
901 - 1050
1051 - 1200
1201 - 1350

Then in column B we have different groups:

Now in another field I have the difference in distance ie. 329 which should
mean that it falls into group D.

What is the formula to calculate that if the difference in distance is equal
to somewhere in column A then provide answer as per group B.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In columns A & B put:

0 A
101 B
201 C
301 D
401 E
501 F
601 G
751 H
901 I
1051 J
1201 K

If difference is in C1 then in D1 put:

=INDEX($B$1:$B$11,MATCH($C$1,$A$1:$A$11,1))

HTH