Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to correct a #value error

Hi,

I have this formula =(I5)-(E6)+(G6), but when I type a letter on column E i
get on I column a #VALUE ERROR. Any knows who to correct this from
happenning? I need letter on the E column.

Thanks for your help.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

try
=if(isnumber(E6),I5-E6+G6, "otherwise")
repalcing the otherwise with what you want it to do when you have a letter
in e6.

if letters can be is any of them
=if(and(isnumber(E6),isnumber(I5),isnumber(G6)),I5-E6+G6, "otherwise")

"tony" wrote:

Hi,

I have this formula =(I5)-(E6)+(G6), but when I type a letter on column E i
get on I column a #VALUE ERROR. Any knows who to correct this from
happenning? I need letter on the E column.

Thanks for your help.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

6 + x -10 / Tuesday = Blue

must be that New Math...

"tony" wrote:

Hi,

I have this formula =(I5)-(E6)+(G6), but when I type a letter on column E i
get on I column a #VALUE ERROR. Any knows who to correct this from
happenning? I need letter on the E column.

Thanks for your help.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I try both form and still dosen't work.....
now it said otherwise.....

"dlw" wrote:

6 + x -10 / Tuesday = Blue

must be that New Math...

"tony" wrote:

Hi,

I have this formula =(I5)-(E6)+(G6), but when I type a letter on column E i
get on I column a #VALUE ERROR. Any knows who to correct this from
happenning? I need letter on the E column.

Thanks for your help.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula dosen't add. I just want to be able to add and include text on
that column.

"bj" wrote:

What do you want it to show?

"tony" wrote:

Hi,

I have this formula =(I5)-(E6)+(G6), but when I type a letter on column E i
get on I column a #VALUE ERROR. Any knows who to correct this from
happenning? I need letter on the E column.

Thanks for your help.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Do you want to concatinate text?
Please give an example of the input values and what you want the result to be?
"tony" wrote:

The formula dosen't add. I just want to be able to add and include text on
that column.

"bj" wrote:

What do you want it to show?

"tony" wrote:

Hi,

I have this formula =(I5)-(E6)+(G6), but when I type a letter on column E i
get on I column a #VALUE ERROR. Any knows who to correct this from
happenning? I need letter on the E column.

Thanks for your help.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

124645 | | 118,385.43 | | (95,233.09)
124646 | | a/p | | #VALUE!
124622 | | A/P | | 1,425,084.08
124623 | | A/P | 38,302.58 | 1,463,386.66

If I remove the a/p on column e I get the correct balance. This is a check
register. I want to have a balance insted an error. The funny part is on my
original sheet is ok but I copy the sheet to another and is giving me this
error.

"tony" wrote:

The formula dosen't add. I just want to be able to add and include text on
that column.

"bj" wrote:

What do you want it to show?

"tony" wrote:

Hi,

I have this formula =(I5)-(E6)+(G6), but when I type a letter on column E i
get on I column a #VALUE ERROR. Any knows who to correct this from
happenning? I need letter on the E column.

Thanks for your help.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Try
=I5+G6-if(isnumber(E6),E6,0)

"tony" wrote:

The formula dosen't add. I just want to be able to add and include text on
that column.

"bj" wrote:

What do you want it to show?