Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I restore an unreadable floppy disk created in excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot create a floppy disk in Excel.

You can save to a floppy disk from Excel but this can result in a corrupt floppy
disk which you seem to have generated.

Restoration would be impossible in my estimation if corrupt.

Try copying to HD then open in Excel. Might get lucky.

For future...................do not save to or open directly from a floppy.

Save to HD first then copy to floppy.

Coming the other way, copy to HD then open in Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
You cannot create a floppy disk in Excel.

You can save to a floppy disk from Excel but this can result in a corrupt
floppy
disk which you seem to have generated.

Restoration would be impossible in my estimation if corrupt.

Try copying to HD then open in Excel. Might get lucky.

For future...................do not save to or open directly from a floppy.

Save to HD first then copy to floppy.

Coming the other way, copy to HD then open in Excel.

In the days of XL 5, you could often recover a corrupt xl file by opening it
in open office and saving it as an xl file again. Might be worth a try if it
is really important and you have no backup ? ... you do backup ... right ?
:)