Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Deb Deb is offline

Default unprotect workbook

I have a work books that has been protected with a password but the
person who created the file is no longer employed with us, how can I
remove the protection without having to recreate the report?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out this link...

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Deb" wrote:

I have a work books that has been protected with a password but the
person who created the file is no longer employed with us, how can I
remove the protection without having to recreate the report?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simplest way is to ask the person for the password.
If they did the work for your company or were employed
by your company they almost certainly have a legal
obligation to provide that information.

If the password is lost, simply search Excel newsgroups
for password, there are lots of free password breakers.

I see you got the answer, but the first point is still valid
if it was done on purpose to keep the work from being
used if they weren't around.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel