Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jae Jae is offline

Default Spell Check in Protected Worksheets

I've read that the spell check function is not available in a protected
worksheet, but does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using a macro is the only work around that I know of.

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Unprotects the sheet, does the spellcheck then reprotects the sheet.

"justme" can be changed to your password.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:37:01 -0800, Jae wrote:

I've read that the spell check function is not available in a protected
worksheet, but does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jae Jae is offline

Thank you for the advice Gord. One question though, I have text boxes in my
form which your macro appears to ignore. Is there something I can change to
have spell check look at everything on the sheet?

Thanks again!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Using a macro is the only work around that I know of.

Sub Spell_Check()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Unprotects the sheet, does the spellcheck then reprotects the sheet.

"justme" can be changed to your password.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:37:01 -0800, Jae wrote:

I've read that the spell check function is not available in a protected
worksheet, but does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is not easy..............<g

See this google search result. Note Tom Ogilvy's coding and comments.

http://tinyurl.com/ysvdla

Gord