Mick

Default Autofit in Merged Cells?

Is there a way to get merged cells to resize with context (autofit)? I can't
seem to get it in 2003.
CyberTaz

Hi Mick-

Not sure what you're looking for. The width of a merged cell will be equal
to the total width of the columns it spans. The merged cell be widened or
narrowed as those column's widths are adjusted.

If I've misunderstood, please post back with more detail |:)

"Mick" wrote:

Is there a way to get merged cells to resize with context (autofit)? I can't
seem to get it in 2003.

Mick

The Height is what I'm most concerned with. I want the text to wrap and the
merged cell to resize in height as needed. It doesn't seem to do that, does
merging it make it a fixed size?

Thanks
Mick

"Mick" wrote:

Is there a way to get merged cells to resize with context (autofit)? I can't
seem to get it in 2003.

Gord Dibben

Mick

Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells.

You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written
code for this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15

The best cure is DON"T USE MERGED CELLS. They cause no end of problems with
copying, pasting, sorting, filtering.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP