Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default NEED HELP ASAP!!

I am trying to make a spread sheet for work with a list of medications for
our patients. I want to be able to have excel highlight the meds that we do
not cover. I figured that if I made a list of all the meds and then in
another column, write in all the meds that we do not cover. Then somehow have
excel highlight all the meds in the "meds not covered" column be highlighted
in the "all meds" column. Does anyone know if this can be done? Or if there's
another way that might be useful? Thanks a bunch!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use a Vlookup formula in conditional formating, this would then
lookup the value in column A from the list you have in column B, and you
could turn the cell or text another colour.

Would look something like;

=NOT(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,$B$3:$B$50,1,FALSE)))

A1 is the cell with the value your comparing, b3:b50 are the list your
looking at etc

--
This post was created using recycled electrons!

"NEED HELP ASAP!!" wrote:

I am trying to make a spread sheet for work with a list of medications for
our patients. I want to be able to have excel highlight the meds that we do
not cover. I figured that if I made a list of all the meds and then in
another column, write in all the meds that we do not cover. Then somehow have
excel highlight all the meds in the "meds not covered" column be highlighted
in the "all meds" column. Does anyone know if this can be done? Or if there's
another way that might be useful? Thanks a bunch!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Thank you!!

I have it figured out now. Thank you guys for you suggestions!!