-   -   NEED HELP ASAP!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129812-need-help-asap.html)

NEED HELP ASAP!!

I am trying to make a spread sheet for work with a list of medications for
our patients. I want to be able to have excel highlight the meds that we do
not cover. I figured that if I made a list of all the meds and then in
another column, write in all the meds that we do not cover. Then somehow have
excel highlight all the meds in the "meds not covered" column be highlighted
in the "all meds" column. Does anyone know if this can be done? Or if there's
another way that might be useful? Thanks a bunch!!

Don Guillett

NEED HELP ASAP!!

Pls use a meaningful subject line and name and do NOT use ASAP. It makes it
sound like we are your lackeys.
try using a vlookup formula that returns "Not Covered" if found. Look in the
help index for VLOOKUP.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"NEED HELP ASAP!!" <NEED HELP wrote in
message ...
I am trying to make a spread sheet for work with a list of medications for
our patients. I want to be able to have excel highlight the meds that we
do
not cover. I figured that if I made a list of all the meds and then in
another column, write in all the meds that we do not cover. Then somehow
have
excel highlight all the meds in the "meds not covered" column be
highlighted
in the "all meds" column. Does anyone know if this can be done? Or if
there's
another way that might be useful? Thanks a bunch!!

Lauren

NEED HELP ASAP!!

Try using conditional formatting =)

"NEED HELP ASAP!!" wrote:

I am trying to make a spread sheet for work with a list of medications for
our patients. I want to be able to have excel highlight the meds that we do
not cover. I figured that if I made a list of all the meds and then in
another column, write in all the meds that we do not cover. Then somehow have
excel highlight all the meds in the "meds not covered" column be highlighted
in the "all meds" column. Does anyone know if this can be done? Or if there's
another way that might be useful? Thanks a bunch!!

Newbeetle

NEED HELP ASAP!!

You can use a Vlookup formula in conditional formating, this would then
lookup the value in column A from the list you have in column B, and you
could turn the cell or text another colour.

Would look something like;

=NOT(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,$B$3:$B$50,1,FALSE)))

A1 is the cell with the value your comparing, b3:b50 are the list your
looking at etc

--
This post was created using recycled electrons!

"NEED HELP ASAP!!" wrote:

I am trying to make a spread sheet for work with a list of medications for
our patients. I want to be able to have excel highlight the meds that we do
not cover. I figured that if I made a list of all the meds and then in
another column, write in all the meds that we do not cover. Then somehow have
excel highlight all the meds in the "meds not covered" column be highlighted
in the "all meds" column. Does anyone know if this can be done? Or if there's
another way that might be useful? Thanks a bunch!!

NEED HELP ASAP!!

Thank you!!

I have it figured out now. Thank you guys for you suggestions!!