Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP JP is offline

Default "Pick From List . . . "

Hello:

When I do a right click on a cell, I get the popup menu that allows the
selection of "Pick From List. . ." I did a search in Help and with the
Microsoft Knowledgebase, but could find no reference to this. How does one
populate the list...where is the list from, etc.?

Thanks.

JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

.... found via HELP!

Pick From Drop-down List command

You use the Pick From Drop-down List command to quickly insert a value into
an empty cell. The command saves you having to retype an existing value that
resides in the same column. To try it, follow these steps:

In a blank column of a worksheet, enter a list of items. "Apples,"
"oranges," "peaches," and "pears" will do if you can't think of a list
off-hand.
Right-click the cell directly below the last item, and click Pick From
Drop-down List.
Select an item from the list.

HTH

"JP" wrote:

Hello:

When I do a right click on a cell, I get the popup menu that allows the
selection of "Pick From List. . ." I did a search in Help and with the
Microsoft Knowledgebase, but could find no reference to this. How does one
populate the list...where is the list from, etc.?

Thanks.

JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It looks at the populated cells above the cell you are in
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"JP" wrote:

Hello:

When I do a right click on a cell, I get the popup menu that allows the
selection of "Pick From List. . ." I did a search in Help and with the
Microsoft Knowledgebase, but could find no reference to this. How does one
populate the list...where is the list from, etc.?

Thanks.

JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel builds the list internally based on entries above the active cell. I
think it lists the same values that AutoComplete uses.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"JP" wrote:

Hello:

When I do a right click on a cell, I get the popup menu that allows the
selection of "Pick From List. . ." I did a search in Help and with the
Microsoft Knowledgebase, but could find no reference to this. How does one
populate the list...where is the list from, etc.?

Thanks.

JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or directly above the populated cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:32:00 -0800, Toppers
wrote:

Right-click the cell directly below the last item, and click Pick From
Drop-down List.
Select an item from the list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP JP is offline

Thanks all..

It was a major clarification for me... Really appreciate the info

JP