Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extracting to excel

Hey folks.

How about this one :-)

I'm extracting a Crystal report into excel and all the monetary values
are coming up as Dollars, under format - format cells it's set to £
and the crystal report itself is in £'s...

The user is running windows XP on a laptop, is there anything that I
should look at in excel or during the export process? No one else's PC
does this, just his.

He's my boss, I think he likes to test me :-)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you checked the regional & Language settings in the control panel. I
know these settings can affect some parts of office
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"pa_broon74" wrote:

Hey folks.

How about this one :-)

I'm extracting a Crystal report into excel and all the monetary values
are coming up as Dollars, under format - format cells it's set to £
and the crystal report itself is in £'s...

The user is running windows XP on a laptop, is there anything that I
should look at in excel or during the export process? No one else's PC
does this, just his.

He's my boss, I think he likes to test me :-)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yup, we checked this and its set to £'s

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 8 Feb, 14:42, "pa_broon74" wrote:
Yup, we checked this and its set to £'s

Thanks

FYI on the off chance that anyone else has this problem (unlikely I
know...)

Apparently this is a program glitch between XP and Crystal reports, it
is as yet unresolved.

Wonder what it'll do in Vista?? :-)