Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula, code or macro?

Hi there - me again:

I have a list of approximately 300 airport codes. Those 300 airport codes
are assigned to 5 managers.

I need a query or code or macro or something to help me do the following and
I need it to pick up the % in column F.

On my current spreadsheet, the airport codes are in column A, the manager
column does not exist and the % is column F.

Example of problem:
airport mgr %
DFW Laz 98
AUS Bob 55
SAT Lynn 99
OMH Laz 25
DEN Laz 28
PHI Bob 90

I need to have the Average % by Manager after I have some kind of script
that assisgns the airports to each manager.

Desired output:
Airport Mgr %

Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Tammy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't get it all.

You show the Mgr column, yet say it doesn't exist.

You want the manager percentage. There are many ways, but you have the
rules, what are they? SUM all of Laz, or what?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Tammy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I need the formula to populate a column with the appropriate mgr. But in my
spreadsheet I don't have a column yet set up designated for mgr.

I want it to return an Average % of everything 0 where the mgr = LAZ

tamm

"Tammy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure I get it all yet, but if I take a shot, you can tell me what you
expected and why it is different,

=AVERAGE(IF((B2:B20="Laz")*(C2:C200),C2:C20))

which is an array formula, so commit it with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not just
Enter.

Try this and see if we are close.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Tammy" wrote in message
Bob - any ideas please?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I don't get it all.

You show the Mgr column, yet say it doesn't exist.

You want the manager percentage. There are many ways, but you have the
rules, what are they? SUM all of Laz, or what?

--
---
HTH

Bob