Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting a number to a date

I have an imported csv format table & saved it as an Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
On import, the date lists for example:

20061011

I would like to convert this 11th Oct 06 date to a format that Excel
recognizes as a date.

Can anyone advise me how I can do this?

Many thanks

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now its not working....

i.e trying the 'column to text' function & changing the data format to DMY.

Can anyone help?
--
TIA

Pete