-   -   Converting a number to a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/129354-converting-number-date.html)

Pete

Converting a number to a date

I have an imported csv format table & saved it as an Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
On import, the date lists for example:

20061011

I would like to convert this 11th Oct 06 date to a format that Excel
recognizes as a date.

Can anyone advise me how I can do this?

Many thanks

Pete

Pete

Converting a number to a date

please disregard, I resolved this from a previous post.
--
TIA

Pete

"Pete" wrote:

I have an imported csv format table & saved it as an Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
On import, the date lists for example:

20061011

I would like to convert this 11th Oct 06 date to a format that Excel
recognizes as a date.

Can anyone advise me how I can do this?

Many thanks

Pete

Pete

Converting a number to a date

Now its not working....

i.e trying the 'column to text' function & changing the data format to DMY.

Can anyone help?
--
TIA

Pete

Excel 2003, WinXP SP2

"Pete" wrote:

I have an imported csv format table & saved it as an Excel 2003 spreadsheet.
On import, the date lists for example:

20061011

I would like to convert this 11th Oct 06 date to a format that Excel
recognizes as a date.

Can anyone advise me how I can do this?

Many thanks

Pete

Teethless mama

Converting a number to a date

Data Text to Columns Next Next Date: select YMD

format cell as dd/mm/yyyy