Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default FROM A HUGE SHEET, A PORTION OF IT IS SELECTED TO PASTE IT IN A NEW WORKSHEET BUT UNABLE TO

DEAR ALL
I have put a huge info in only one sheet. Basic info is say ship crew
list. From this, the info is taken to their advances, over time, rest
and workign records, boat drill stations and so on. When i mark a
particular selected info like say 'over time' and use workbook -add
and paste it-- I get a message saying that cells should be identical.
But if i copy cells and transfer it is fine but i do not intend to
take the whole sheet except the over-time or boat drill stations and
save it for the month. If it may help u to assist me-- yes there are
some cells are meged.-- if i use a macro-- the copied info is
different format and cell width. Pls help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your copy / paste exercise, either the source cells or the target
cells are merged, which is causing your error message.

I'm trying to think of a workaound, but the only idea coming to mind
is to unmerge whatever cells are involved. As a rule I avoid merging
cells, since it's typically a cosmetic issue and not a functional
value-add. That's totally subjective, a preference of mine, but it
short-circuits problems such as this one.

Just my $0.02. I usually get change back whenever I give my 2 cents!