Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A1.J15 COLUMN WIDTH AS 10 AND A15.J30 COLUMN WIDTH TO 15?

DEAR ALL
FOR EXAMPLE - I have rows of inofrmation . a1.j15 I need column width
only 10 becos only numbers. From a15.j30 I need column width 25 or so
to enter description. Is it possible in Excel bcos if a column width
is selected it is for the entire sheet or is there a way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 5, 1:10 pm, "CAPTGNVR" wrote:
DEAR ALL
FOR EXAMPLE - I have rows of inofrmation . a1.j15 I need column width
only 10 becos only numbers. From a15.j30 I need column width 25 or so
to enter description. Is it possible in Excel bcos if a column width
is selected it is for the entire sheet or is there a way.

Yes, select the group of columns you want to change by clicking and
holding down, and dragging accross the column letters. Once they're
selected, drag one of the columns to the desired width - the others
will change too.

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 6, 5:15 am, wrote:
On Feb 5, 1:10 pm, "CAPTGNVR" wrote:

DEAR ALL
FOR EXAMPLE - I have rows of inofrmation . a1.j15 I need column width
only 10 becos only numbers. From a15.j30 I need column width 25 or so
to enter description. Is it possible in Excel bcos if a column width
is selected it is for the entire sheet or is there a way.

Yes, select the group of columns you want to change by clicking and
holding down, and dragging accross the column letters. Once they're
selected, drag one of the columns to the desired width - the others
will change too.

HTH

Mr. Gromi-- I am sorry that my need was not well explained by me.
What i want to do is from row 1 to 10 i want the column width to 10
and from row 10 to 20 i want the column width to be 20. How to do
it. Hvr, thnks for ur quick repsonse. I will wait for ur reply for
this soon.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A1.J15 COLUMN WIDTH AS 10 AND A15.J30 C

It's not possible to have multiple widths in the same column.

Your only option is to merge cells. If you select, say, A15 and B15 then
select the white box with the a and arrows on it (next to the dollar sign),
this would merge the 2 cells. But then, columns A and B would be atop your
description of column A. Hope that makes sense...

"CAPTGNVR" wrote:

On Feb 6, 5:15 am, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Column widths and Row heights are properties of the entire Column and Row.

Have a look at FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontalCenter across Selection.

You can select A15:J30 and set to the above.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 5 Feb 2007 13:10:16 -0800, "CAPTGNVR" wrote:

DEAR ALL
FOR EXAMPLE - I have rows of inofrmation . a1.j15 I need column width
only 10 becos only numbers. From a15.j30 I need column width 25 or so
to enter description. Is it possible in Excel bcos if a column width
is selected it is for the entire sheet or is there a way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's the width for the entire column.

You could fiddle around with merged cells and use more columns. But using
merged cells is more trouble than it's worth (in my opinion).

--

Dave Peterson