Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking cells

Normally, I have no problem linking cells from one sheet to another. But if I
insert new row and then try to create cells that are linked to cells on
another sheet, it does not work in some locations on the sheet? Any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

very unclear as to what you have, and what you need help with
if you insert a new row what is supposed to link to what that
was there before. Are you going to insert the same number
of rows into the other sheets are the rows insert between existing
rows or at the end of the other existing rows.

"CADMAN" wrote in message ...
Normally, I have no problem linking cells from one sheet to another. But if I
insert new row and then try to create cells that are linked to cells on
another sheet, it does not work in some locations on the sheet? Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey David, I am trying to link a cell in one sheet to a cell in another
sheet. But first I have to insert a new row to create room for the new cell I
want to link. So I create a new row, tab over to the cell that I would like
to link, press =, go to the other sheet, select the cell I want to link,
click in cell, press enter and then go back to original sheet and all I see
is the formula in the cell, not the value. If I do this in a cell that is
already there it works fine, but as soon as I insert a row and then try it,
it does not work?
Thx
Kev