Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extracting Data from a table using a keyword

I am struggling with an excel spreadsheet that has been inherited from
another person and I would like to extract data from the table using
'keywords' that will then copy the row/s depending on the keyword. The client
has requested that the information that used to be bundled together be
seperated and reported on.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Ant
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataFilterAutofilter should do the job.

Copy the results to another sheet for reporting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:42:01 -0800, antrance
wrote:

I am struggling with an excel spreadsheet that has been inherited from
another person and I would like to extract data from the table using
'keywords' that will then copy the row/s depending on the keyword. The client
has requested that the information that used to be bundled together be
seperated and reported on.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Ant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to expand a litle on the below:

When you click the drop-down arrow, select (Custom) and select contains in
the first drop-down of the pop-up box, then your text strign in the second
box.