Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
antrance antrance is offline

Default Extracting Data from a table using a keyword

Many thanks for this - I was hoping there might be a way to do it by formula
as I have to look at data from somewhere in the region of 200-250 different
worksheets...

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Just to expand a litle on the below:

When you click the drop-down arrow, select (Custom) and select contains in
the first drop-down of the pop-up box, then your text strign in the second
box.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

DataFilterAutofilter should do the job.

Copy the results to another sheet for reporting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:42:01 -0800, antrance
wrote:

I am struggling with an excel spreadsheet that has been inherited from
another person and I would like to extract data from the table using
'keywords' that will then copy the row/s depending on the keyword. The client
has requested that the information that used to be bundled together be
seperated and reported on.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Ant