Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I set conditional formatting in Excel for text sentences?

Hi -- I have a Excel document with several text boxes that I would like to
have highlighted based on certain criteria of a text match. Can conditional
formatting do this?

For example, "Not enough product is sent early..." And I want the
conditional format to be "not enough" to highlight the box yellow.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the first part of the text is unique for your format you could set the
conditional format condition to
formula is =FIND("Not",G8), where 'Not' is the text and G8 is the cell. This
will format the complete cell not just the word as you can not do just 1 word
in a cell.
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"David" wrote:

Hi -- I have a Excel document with several text boxes that I would like to
have highlighted based on certain criteria of a text match. Can conditional
formatting do this?

For example, "Not enough product is sent early..." And I want the
conditional format to be "not enough" to highlight the box yellow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I set conditional formatting in Excel for text sentenc

Thanks for your help... Will this formula work on an entire worksheet where I
want every instance of those words highlighted? (The whole cell highlighted.)