Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David David is offline

Default How can I set conditional formatting in Excel for text sentenc

Thanks for your help... Will this formula work on an entire worksheet where I
want every instance of those words highlighted? (The whole cell highlighted.)

"john the confused" wrote:

If the first part of the text is unique for your format you could set the
conditional format condition to
formula is =FIND("Not",G8), where 'Not' is the text and G8 is the cell. This
will format the complete cell not just the word as you can not do just 1 word
in a cell.
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"David" wrote:

Hi -- I have a Excel document with several text boxes that I would like to
have highlighted based on certain criteria of a text match. Can conditional
formatting do this?

For example, "Not enough product is sent early..." And I want the
conditional format to be "not enough" to highlight the box yellow.