Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
BT BT is offline

Default Formating cells

Hi,

need a help with cell formating.
Would like to format cells so user cannot input more than 10 caracters into
a cell and than 4 rows with 15 caracters into each cell possible input.
Is this easy to do with excel?

Thanks all
BT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

Yes, use data validation (Data/Validation). Start by selecting the cells
with the same restrictions (10 characters) then go to Data/Validation, select
"Custom" from the drop down menu and type =LEN(A1)<=10 (where A1 is the
active cell) , next click on the "Error Alert" tab and leave a message
stating that 10 is the maximum character that can be typed in that cell.

Repeat for the 15 characters cells and so on......

HTH
Jean-Guy

"BT" wrote:

Hi,

need a help with cell formating.
Would like to format cells so user cannot input more than 10 caracters into
a cell and than 4 rows with 15 caracters into each cell possible input.
Is this easy to do with excel?

Thanks all
BT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
BT BT is offline

"BT" wrote:

Hi,

need a help with cell formating.
Would like to format cells so user cannot input more than 10 characters

into
a cell and than 4 rows with 15 characters into each cell possible input.
Is this easy to do with excel?

Thanks all
BT

Thank this works fine :-)
Just another thing, is possible to count the characters down while entering
into cell so I can see how many characters are possible to enter.
BT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

As far as I know No. But I'm not an expert, it might be possible with VBA.
I'm sure someone will let you know if it is.

Best wishes!
Jean-Guy