Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default combine 2 cells but keep formating of each individual cell

need help joing 2 cells - 1 text at 12 point, and the other a number at 5
point. but, i want the finished/joined cell to leave the data as it is -
text at 12 and the numebr at 5

how can this be done?? please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

When you merge cells, you lose all data in all cells except the upper-left
most cell. This cell can then be formatted to present the text at one
format and the numbers at another if you wish, but you will h ave to
re-enter the data. You might also consider CONCATENATION instead of
merging the cells.........this will bring all the data together into one
cell, which can also be then formatted to have 12 size text and 5 size
numbers...........but without VBA, I know of no way you can do it all at
once.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"dwillman" wrote in message
need help joing 2 cells - 1 text at 12 point, and the other a number at 5
point. but, i want the finished/joined cell to leave the data as it is -
text at 12 and the numebr at 5

how can this be done?? please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Type what you want in the cell, text, then the numbers, like THIS IS
TEXT.....1234567
Then, left-click on the cell to select it, then in the FormulaBar left-click
and drag the cursor across the numbers, highlighting them, then right-click
FormatCells and choose formatting elements to suit...........then press

OK.
Then, do the same with the text part, left-click and drag the cursor across
the text to highlight it, then right-click FormatCells and choose the
formatting for the text part...........then press Ok to finish.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3