Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with simple formula

My formula is very simple. All it entails is =I50*.17 The next formula would
be =I52*.17..... and so on 54, 56, 58, etc. I don't want to have to manually
enter every cell's formula with the appropriate #. Is there any way to get
Excel to recognize the pattern and know that 2 cells down I am going to enter
the formula again? I figure if I can think this up than it can be done.
Thanks a million!!

Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Very easy:

In A1 enter:
=150*.17

in A2 enter:
=A1+.34

copy the equation in A2 down as far as you want.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200704

"fret_less" wrote:

My formula is very simple. All it entails is =I50*.17 The next formula would
be =I52*.17..... and so on 54, 56, 58, etc. I don't want to have to manually
enter every cell's formula with the appropriate #. Is there any way to get
Excel to recognize the pattern and know that 2 cells down I am going to enter
the formula again? I figure if I can think this up than it can be done.
Thanks a million!!

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try putting in =I50*.17 , highlight that cell and the blank one below it then
use the fill handle.
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"fret_less" wrote:

My formula is very simple. All it entails is =I50*.17 The next formula would
be =I52*.17..... and so on 54, 56, 58, etc. I don't want to have to manually
enter every cell's formula with the appropriate #. Is there any way to get
Excel to recognize the pattern and know that 2 cells down I am going to enter
the formula again? I figure if I can think this up than it can be done.
Thanks a million!!

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I had intended to say =OFFSET(I$50,2*(ROW()-1),0)*0.17 as I thought that the
OP was wanting to step down two rows in column I for every one row going
down in the formula, but the formula I gave will give the same result.
However looking at the original message again, I see that the OP wanted
blank rows between the formulae, so other suggestions posted are more
suitable.
--
David Biddulph