Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I keep my row formatting when sorting data?

I have designed an Excel spreadsheet and I would like to sort the data while
still retaining the row formatting. For example, all of the odd numbered rows
are blue, and all of the even numbered rows are white. I would like to sort
the data in the rows and retain the color formatting to alternate. When I
sort the cells, it takes the row formatting with each row and then my data is
no longer nice and easy to read. Is there any way in which this "template"
can be preserved when sorting data so that the format does not travel with
the cell contents?