Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default How do I keep my row formatting when sorting data?

Conditional formatting/ Formula is:
=MOD(ROW(),2)
--
David Biddulph

"Peter" wrote in message
I have designed an Excel spreadsheet and I would like to sort the data
while
still retaining the row formatting. For example, all of the odd numbered
rows
are blue, and all of the even numbered rows are white. I would like to
sort
the data in the rows and retain the color formatting to alternate. When I
sort the cells, it takes the row formatting with each row and then my data
is
no longer nice and easy to read. Is there any way in which this "template"
can be preserved when sorting data so that the format does not travel with
the cell contents?