Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File Creation Date

I need access to the File Creation Date in my Excel Sheet. Excel
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties gives access to a "creation date"
but this date is the one under PropertiesStaticstics and does not match the
date under PropertiesGeneral. The General Creation Date is the actual File
Creation Date. The Statistics Creation Date is the first Worksheet Creation
Date. I need the File Creation Date!
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The date in statistics is the creation date and the one in general is the
date the file was first saved to your own computer so frequently they wiil be
different. The statement below will return the creation date.

Sub creationdate()
MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item _
("Creation date").Value
End Sub

If you want the date from the general tab (and I've never seen a date
earlier than the one is statistics) then it's a vba routine you need and
there are a couple here.

"Felicity" wrote:

I need access to the File Creation Date in my Excel Sheet. Excel
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties gives access to a "creation date"
but this date is the one under PropertiesStaticstics and does not match the
date under PropertiesGeneral. The General Creation Date is the actual File
Creation Date. The Statistics Creation Date is the first Worksheet Creation
Date. I need the File Creation Date!
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might try getting the Windows file system time, rather than using the
built in file time properties. See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FileTimes.htm

--
Cordially,