Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't break my link

I teach and use Excel for my grade book. Each day I email the file home
for backup, overwriting each day. I've done this for years. It is
irritating because at work, each morning when I open the file, it asks
if I want to update my links, which I do not.

At school, (Windows 2000, Office 2000, ver 9) if I click on Edit Links,
it shows 3 linked files. There are 3 command buttons on the right:
Update Now, Open Source, Change Source. The Manual Radio button is
grayed out and the Automatic is selected. At home, it doesn't ask about
updating links, and the links option is grayed out on the Edit menu. At
home I run Windows XP and Office 2003.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to break the links?

Thank you.

Elaine

dropdown list to a page in worksheet Jared New Users to Excel 13 August 31st 06 06:44 PM
Breaking the link T New Users to Excel 1 May 4th 05 10:37 PM
How do I break a link to a source when opening Excel 2000? GRACE Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 7th 05 03:00 PM
break a link refresh Charts and Charting in Excel 3 December 17th 04 06:23 PM
Copy worksheet with Pivot Table and break link to original workshe setter-lover Excel Worksheet Functions 0 November 18th 04 09:29 PM