Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup within Pivot Table

I've created a pivot table which summarizes by Part Code. But I want to display
the name of the code as well. To get the name, I need to lookup up the code in a
table.

I can do this outside of the pivot table after it has been created. But it would
look better if it was part of the table, preferable the column after the code.
Can this be done? Can Pivot Tables lookup a cell value in a different table?

--
Thanks,
Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fred,

You could do the lookup in your table (from which the pivot table is being made). You're
probably already looking up other stuff (which the pivot table is summarizing) anyway from a
master table. Look up the name in an extra column in your table. You can hide it if
necessary. Now in the pivot table, have the Part Code at the left, then drag the part name
to the right of that. As long as the part codes are unique (the part names need not be),
you should get only one grouping of Part Name for each of Part Code.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com