Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default date format in excel

From a non editable database i copy (for example) 02/01/2007, excel reads:
two of january of 2007 (equal to 39084) , but the real date is one of
febraury of 2007 (Equal to 39114). How Can I make that excel takes as default
the date format "mmmm/dd/aaaa".

I already try changing the format but excel always takes two of january of
2007.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fenosa,

Try changing your Windows Regional format settings. Start - Control Panel - Regional and
language options.

Changing the cell format only changes how the date-serial in the cell is displayed.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
From a non editable database i copy (for example) 02/01/2007, excel reads: