Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting dates into days

I have been playing round with the WEEKDAY function to convert dates in the
format 1-Apr-06 to digits referring to the day of the week (i.e. 1 to 7).
What is the best way to easily convert these numbers into the actual days of
the week (Monday, Tuesday).

Can I use teh IF function- I started to try this but got a bit stuck:
=IF(WEEKDAY($B2) =1,"Sunday"........

Cheers,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a named table, DOW to refer to a 7 cell list with the days in them

Then where ever you need day of week as a text string
use =INDEX(DOW,WEEKDAY(B2))

Alternatively if you just want to see The day of the week, then

Format the cell as Custom dddd
and just reference the cell with the date
ie = b2

Steve