Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default linking cells

i want to link a cell from 12 seperate worksheet, ie the weekly total of sale
and have them appear as on final quartely figure on the last worksheet, how
do i link these together
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Several ways but probably the simplest is copy each of the 12 cells in turn.
Go to your summary worksheet and paste - paste special - paste link.

If the value of the source data changes so will the linked cell.

"cheesy" wrote:

i want to link a cell from 12 seperate worksheet, ie the weekly total of sale
and have them appear as on final quartely figure on the last worksheet, how
do i link these together

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From your Summary worksheet, say in cell b2, enter = , then navigate
Your Ws1 and click on the weekly total cell, then enter a + , then
navigate to your Ws2 and click on the weekly total cell, then.....
Until Ws12 (afterclicking on the last cell - then press the enter key.

"cheesy" wrote in message
:

i want to link a cell from 12 seperate worksheet, ie the weekly total of sale
and have them appear as on final quartely figure on the last worksheet, how
do i link these together

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sorry if i seem thick but not used this method before.what i want to do is
in my worksheet w1 through to wk13 my colum M cell 6 has the formula
=sum(d6:j6) thus giving me the total of sales for the complete week, i want
therfore to add this to weeks thru 13 and get a running total for my quartly
summery, can you jot down the formula i need to use , idiot proof if possible

yours

cheesy thick one in england

"cheesy" wrote in message
:

i want to link a cell from 12 seperate worksheet, ie the weekly total of sale
and have them appear as on final quartely figure on the last worksheet, how
do i link these together

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

on the sheet where you want the running total type:-

=('w1'!M6+'w2'!M6+'w3'!M6)

I've only gone as far as sheet w3 but it's easy to addmore sheets.

: