Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving Conditional Formatting?

Hi,

I've created a conditional format in which blank cells in a certain row are
highlighted if another cell in the same row meets a certain criteria. I've
figured that part out. However, I send out this excel file daily with the
purpose of having the highlighted cells filled in with information. If they
send it back to me with the highlighted information filled out, the
particular cells won't be highlighted anymore. So I was wondering if there is
a way to save the conditional formats in such a way that when the file is
returned to me, the cells are still highlighted.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Press F5 Special
Check "Conditional formats" check "All" or "same" as applicable OK

The above selects all the cells at one go on the sheet
Then you could easily format these to be distinct
via eg yellow fill with thick border, etc
--
Max
Singapore
"piston" wrote:
Hi,

I've created a conditional format in which blank cells in a certain row are
highlighted if another cell in the same row meets a certain criteria. I've
figured that part out. However, I send out this excel file daily with the
purpose of having the highlighted cells filled in with information. If they
send it back to me with the highlighted information filled out, the
particular cells won't be highlighted anymore. So I was wondering if there is
a way to save the conditional formats in such a way that when the file is
returned to me, the cells are still highlighted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Max,

I tried this, but it selects all the cells that have conditional formats,
even if they don't meet the criteria. I only want to permanently highlight
those that meet the criteria. Do you have any suggestions for this?

"piston" wrote:
Hi,

I've created a conditional format in which blank cells in a certain row are
highlighted if another cell in the same row meets a certain criteria. I've
figured that part out. However, I send out this excel file daily with the
purpose of having the highlighted cells filled in with information. If they
send it back to me with the highlighted information filled out, the
particular cells won't be highlighted anymore. So I was wondering if there is
a way to save the conditional formats in such a way that when the file is
returned to me, the cells are still highlighted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Guess my interp on your orig. post was probably off ...

I only want to permanently highlight those that meet the criteria.

I'm not sure, but perhaps you could use another CF condition
(condition 2?) to color these cells differently. Hang around awhile
for better insights from others ..