Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reverse calculations

Would appreciate any help on how to do this!
I have a spreadsheet with the following info:

Name CurrentBase %Increase AmtIncrease NewBase
John 20,000 user input 5% auto calcs $1,000 calcs 21,000
Jay 20,000 auto calc 5% user input $1,000 calcs 21,000

I would like to be able to input a % increase which will automatically calc
the amount of increase, add it to the base and generate the New base OR input
an amount increase which will reversely calculate the % increase and generate
the New base.

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look in HELP for Goal Seek

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"ABrock" wrote in message ...
| Would appreciate any help on how to do this!
| I have a spreadsheet with the following info:
|
| Name CurrentBase %Increase AmtIncrease NewBase
| John 20,000 user input 5% auto calcs $1,000 calcs 21,000
| Jay 20,000 auto calc 5% user input $1,000 calcs 21,000
|
| I would like to be able to input a % increase which will automatically calc
| the amount of increase, add it to the base and generate the New base OR input
| an amount increase which will reversely calculate the % increase and generate
| the New base.
|
| Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

maybe tricky but i'll try

click toolsoptionsCalculation tab check Calculation Automatic, Check
Iteration [3].

then on
Current base column :B2 = $20,000
%Increase column: C2=D2/B2 : <format in %
AmtIncrease column : D2=B2*C2 : <format in $
NewBase column : E2=B2+D2

select C2:E2 <drag downwards
you can only do this on one cell entry (C2 or D2) per row...with a Current
base entered.

regards

B2=D2/

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..