Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I number a table with 300 row (in a different column)

I want to add a column with numbers from 1-300 the fastest way, instead of
just writing down the numbers. Is there any wat ro start numbering and then
dra it till the 300 row???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes,
In the first cell at the top of the group enter 1
For example's sake we'll say that was in cell A2
in the second cell, right below that (A3) enter
=A2+1
now drag down as far as you care to go.

There are slightly faster ways, but they are "if and depends on setup" kinds
of ways, so that's the sure, quick way.

"miki" wrote:

I want to add a column with numbers from 1-300 the fastest way, instead of
just writing down the numbers. Is there any wat ro start numbering and then
dra it till the 300 row???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you'd rather have real numbers instead of formulas, enter the first 4 or 5
numbers of the sequence in the first few cells, as
1
2
3
4
5

and then select the entire group and then grab the little + sign that will
appear when you hover over the lower right corner of the cell with the 5 in
it and drag that down as far as you need to. Actually, just entering
1
2
should work, but I've seen cases where Excel got confused (probably because
of the format of the cells) and just repeated 1 2 1 2 1 2 on down the sheet.
That's the reason I said go with 3 or 4 or 5 entries to seed it.

"miki" wrote:

I want to add a column with numbers from 1-300 the fastest way, instead of
just writing down the numbers. Is there any wat ro start numbering and then
dra it till the 300 row???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter 1 in A1

In namebox type A1:A300 end ENTER

EditFillSeriesOK

Alternate............

Enter 1 in A1

Right-click on the fill handle and drag down to A300.

Release button and "Fill Series"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:53:56 -0800, miki wrote:

I want to add a column with numbers from 1-300 the fastest way, instead of
just writing down the numbers. Is there any wat ro start numbering and then
dra it till the 300 row???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi miki
This is the only easist way !
Step I : type no 1 in A1
Step II : Go to EDIT - FILL - SERIES click
Step III : in the Series dialog box select - series in -COLUMN
step IV : Step valus box enter 1 and stop value box enter 300
Step V : just enter ok u will get 1 to 300 or req numbers within seconds
will come
i think this is the easy way

try and tell me u r opinion abt this....
--
Name : K.Prasad
Inventory Manager

"miki" wrote:

I want to add a column with numbers from 1-300 the fastest way, instead of
just writing down the numbers. Is there any wat ro start numbering and then
dra it till the 300 row???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I think by far the simplest method is to type 1 in cell A1.
Click and drag the fill handle down as far as you want
then hold down ctrl, let go of the left click, let go ctrl.
Et Voila!!

HTH
Martin