Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default How do I number a table with 300 row (in a different column)

If you'd rather have real numbers instead of formulas, enter the first 4 or 5
numbers of the sequence in the first few cells, as
1
2
3
4
5

and then select the entire group and then grab the little + sign that will
appear when you hover over the lower right corner of the cell with the 5 in
it and drag that down as far as you need to. Actually, just entering
1
2
should work, but I've seen cases where Excel got confused (probably because
of the format of the cells) and just repeated 1 2 1 2 1 2 on down the sheet.
That's the reason I said go with 3 or 4 or 5 entries to seed it.

"miki" wrote:

I want to add a column with numbers from 1-300 the fastest way, instead of
just writing down the numbers. Is there any wat ro start numbering and then
dra it till the 300 row???