Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Blank Worksheet

When I go to Open New Office document and select excel, the program open, but
does not display a blank worksheet. I have to click on the icon in the upper
left side. (Open new). Any ideas?

Thank you for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saved from a previous post:

How do you start excel?

If you created your own shortcut icon (or maybe your kid was being helpful),
right click on the shortcut and select properties.

If it looks something like:
c:\msoffice\office10\excel.exe /e

Then remove the "/e". That parameter tells excel to not open a new workbook
when it starts.

I know you said that you tried moving stuff out of the XLStart folder and it
didn't help.

If you've upgraded a few times, you may have multiple XLStart folders to play
with.

And if none of this helped, you may want to review some notes that Chip Pearson
has at:

--

Dave Peterson