Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy color - Excel 2007

Is there a "copy color" option in Excel 2007 ?
like in earlier versions

BR

K.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Not sure what you mean by "copy color".
If you mean the Format Painter represented by the paintbrush icon, yes
it is still available.
Either
On the Home tab, the Format Painter is at the bottom right of the
Clipboard - the first section on Home tab
Or
When you right click on a cell, in addition to all of the Cut, Copy
Paste etc, there is a small floating toolbar above this with options for
most types of cell formatting including the format painter as the top
right icon.

If you don't see this additional floating toolbar, click the round
Office Button (top left), click on Excel Options and on the first
section displayed, the first option is to Show Mini toolbar on
Selection. Ensure it is ticked.

As with previous versions, a single click of the icon allows a single
"paint", but a double click of the icon makes it "sticky", allowing you
to paint lots of cells. Pressing Esc switches it off again.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"KrunoG" wrote in message
Is there a "copy color" option in Excel 2007 ?
like in earlier versions

BR

K.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

Not sure what you mean by "copy color".
If you mean the Format Painter

No no, what I ment was the procedure of copying entire color palette from
one document to another (they both have to be opened).
In earlier versions it was Toolsoptionscolor (tab)copy color (drop down
list where you can choose the source document of the color palette you wanna
use in the new document).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I see what you mean now.
I'm sorry but I cannot find that option available anywhere in XL2007
either.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"KrunoG" wrote in message

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

Not sure what you mean by "copy color".
If you mean the Format Painter

No no, what I ment was the procedure of copying entire color palette
from one document to another (they both have to be opened).
In earlier versions it was Toolsoptionscolor (tab)copy color (drop
down list where you can choose the source document of the color
palette you wanna use in the new document).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

I see what you mean now.
I'm sorry but I cannot find that option available anywhere in XL2007
either.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

It's was really usefull. I mean, I have, let's say, a "corporate template"
for reporting and so far I had an excel template with predefined colors but
now when I open it the colors are the same but the palette is Excel
standard. Even in "help" I could't find it.
Maybe someone else will reply.
Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Yes, I can see its usefulness.
I guess it means a one off task of setting up the "corporate template"
as one of the new Styles.
Then it will be available to you throughout all workbooks.

--
Regards

Roger Govier