Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PULLING A VALUE FROM A CELL ON ANOTHER PAGE/WORKSHEET

Can you do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure, type = then go find the sheet and cell you want then press enter
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

Can you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean can you get a value from Sheet1 to Sheet 2 then obviously you
can. Just enter in sheet2 =Sheet1!A1
Regards,
Alan.
"ng66" wrote in message
Can you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John and Alan's answers work
What did you try ?

Steve
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:56:01 -0000, ng66

Can you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When it was just me, I couldn't figure out how to enter that I wanted the
value from the first sheet, so I gave up and decided to ask the experts.

For some strange reason John's answer seemed hard because I got used to
having to enter a formula (yeah, I don't know what I've been smoking
either!), so I tried what Allan suggested, but typing in "=sheet1!s261"
didn't work. I got one of those ###whatever errors. So I looked at John's
again with an un-formulaic maind, and thought, okay, c'mon, it couldn't be
that simple, but, guess what?!! It was!! And it worked perfectly... (o:

Thanks to everyone who answered all my newbie questions. I've been meaning
to learn this program for quite a while, and now that I kinda understand how
it thinks and what it wants from me, I think I may use it more... (o:

"SteveW" wrote:

John and Alan's answers work
What did you try ?

Steve
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:56:01 -0000, ng66
wrote:

Can you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ta for the reply.

yes formula don't always have to have all the cell stuff typed
type = into a cell
and then use the cursor or mouse to select a different cell
maybe type a + or - etc
then select another cell

Reasonably straightforward, this can of course be easily extended to cells
in different sheets or even different workbooks

I very rarely type in cell names

Steve

"SteveW" wrote:

John and Alan's answers work
What did you try ?

Steve
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:56:01 -0000, ng66

wrote:

Can you do it?

--
Steve (3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way.

Select the "sending" cell
edit|copy
Go to the "receiving" cell
edit|paste special|click paste Link.

But often times, you'll want to modify that formula.

='Sheet 99'!a1
will return a 0 if that cell is empty.

You could use:
=if('Sheet 99'!a1="","",'Sheet 99'!a1)

If it's empty, return something that looks blank. Else return the value.

"SteveW" wrote:

John and Alan's answers work
What did you try ?

Steve
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:56:01 -0000, ng66
wrote:

Can you do it?

--

Dave Peterson