Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 revert to 2003

do you know how to 'undo' so that i can continue to use my 'old' version 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you removed Excel 2003 when 2007 was installed, you have to re-install
2003. They can exist side-by-side btw.

--
Jim
"sammy" wrote in message
| do you know how to 'undo' so that i can continue to use my 'old' version
2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanx for your promt reply - i didnt delete- i upgraded
i never had excel disk it came with my computer i cant 're-install' since i
never 'removed 2003 can i just 'undu the upgrade? (system restore isnt an
option)

"sammy" wrote in message
| do you know how to 'undo' so that i can continue to use my 'old' version
2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you upgrade, I think previous versions of the Office files are replaced.
Jim's talking about a new install of 2007 in its own directory.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"sammy" wrote in message
| do you know how to 'undo' so that i can continue to use my 'old'
version
2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

soory to pester again but i still wanted to know my first question-
now what do i do?
how do i revert back to old version or am i just screwed?

"sammy" wrote in message
| do you know how to 'undo' so that i can continue to use my 'old'
version
2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I installed Office 2007 one of the install screens offered to 'Remove
all previous versions'. This option was selected by default. I unselected
it and so my Excel 2003 is still there.

If you didn't unselected it then Office 2003 was removed. If you do not
have the 2003 installation media, and cannot get it from your computer
maker, then I think you're in a bad way.

--
Jim